Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bon Cop, Bad Cop: The Canadian Experience































When I first saw the title I first thought, this is going to be so stupid. Who would expect that it be funny and enjoyable? Although, you see things you wouldn't in American movies, unless you watch the unrated versions of selected movies. I was also fine with the subtitles due to I'm used to it. When you watch as much subtitled anime as I do, you can read subtitles very well.

Now the movie really showcases some Canadian things. Like Hockey; what is a Canadian without hockey? The stereotype asks. For all you people who think we live in igloos, have snow all the time and say "Eh?!" Your sorely mistaken, but we are good at hockey. Its just not all of us that are obsessed. So the murders in the movie are related to Hockey. Who kills for hockey? How lame. Also, during the gun fights, I kept thinking where did these guns come from? There is guns in Canada, there is a lot of laws to own and discharge one. Remember the French, English tensions? We see that in the two main characters. Oh the joy, how we love Quebec...........

On the topic of the lovely French Canadians, it seems this movie was filmed in Quebec. So we see the Quebec women, who seem to hit on everyone. After seeing this, I'm wondering why there isn't much Canadian movies out there. This one was good and enjoyable. I wouldn't mind watching it for a second time. Also props to them for giving the movie a really dumb ending. If it did, I would not very happy at all. So not too shaby for a Canadian movie, I dare people in the US to watch this without and any bias.

Still going to watch Hollywood movies though. I watched "Sherlock Holmes" twices. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment