Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Calling all Autobots!
















Today Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen hits dvd racks across North America. The movie that had audiences waiting hands and knees to come out to theaters. When it did come out, to some people it did not meet their exceptions and didn't like it. Like others were distracted by all the explosions and military showcase to notice there was any kind of story flaw at all.

I loved watching Transformers and was utterly distracted from the plot with the jokes and explosions the movie had within it. I remember rushing to it after my soccer game with me friend and when we arrived there it was packed. Favorite part though has gotta be when Shia is dying, don't ask why, I just like it.

Now for the plot of the movie in question. It has been two years since Megatron was defeated and dropped in to the ocean. Because of these events, a group is formed called NEST, a team of humans working with Autobots to find and destroy the remaining Decepticons. On the other end of the world Sam(Shia Labeouf) is leaving his hot girlfriend MacKayla (Megan Fox) to go college 3000 miles away. At college, Sam starts to encounter some new problems (never saw that coming) and starts seeing strange symbols, which happen to be the lost language of the primes. These symbols send Sam, his girlfriend and cowardly roommate on a journey they will never forget.

I honestly see no problem with the plot, I was too engrossed by the explosions and the awesome jokes that made me crack up. I wouldn't say though that this was the best movie of the year though. It was well done and as my sister says "a showcase of the US army." If you think about it, in the final battle, they pull out all stops to defeat the Decepticons. That is the US for ya, but back to the movie. Also isn't the movie a showcase for how sexy Megan Fox is. Did you not get the hint when she sat on a motorcycle in a way not though possible. Well anyway, that is probably why the movie did so well was because people went out to see her in the movie. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

So is it a Rent or Buy? I my personal opinion I gotta say Rent. Because once you see it once, it kinda loses the magic you had when you saw it for the first time. If you want to buy it, go ahead. I'm not saying don't buy it, you buy it if you want to. I'm not here to judge, but I'll probably have it soon on dvd myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment